Home/School Support

drawing of children dancing

Pupils and parents of St Mary's have access to the services of a full-time School Counsellor and Liason Person, who can facilitate links between the pupils, their families and a wide range of professionals and other services. Where appropriate, referrals can be made to the following ...

and many more ...

The School Counsellor is accessible to the pupils for individual counselling which they can request directly or through referrals by their parents or teachers.

The home-school teacher ensures that meaningful communication is maintained with parents and with care organisations in the wider community. The role is multifaceted and involves significant levels of pastoral care and liaising with school staff and residential staff and parents.
WSE report, 2010